Reception 2023 - 2024
During the Reception year, daily opportunities are provided for the children to play, explore, learn and think critically. The curriculum has been designed to provide the children with a wide range of cross curricular experiences which stimulate interest and support learning and development within both the indoor and outdoor learning environment. The skills, knowledge and understanding the children learn during their Reception year prepare them for the next stage of their learning journey within Key Stage One.
- To work in partnership with parents and carers to encourage independent, happy learners who thrive at school.
- To provide opportunities throughout our early years curriculum to support learning, consolidate and deepen knowledge and ensure children achieve.
- To create a learning environment and build relationships which support, enhance and invite a child’s curiosity, confidence and individual competency to flourish regardless of backgrounds, circumstances or needs.
- To support children to reach the Early Learning Goals at the end of the Reception year and ensure they make at least good progress.
- To take an active role in events within the wider community.
- To teach daily, focused, interactive phonics lessons and provide extra support throughout the day where necessary.
- To provide children with a high-quality, broad and challenging Mathematics curriculum which develops their deep understanding of number.
- To foster a love of literature, using a range of high quality texts.
- To provide opportunities for the children to learn and develop interest in the wider world.
- To support a smooth transition into Key Stage One.